Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DIY Animal Silhouettes Wall Art

This project was inspired by our favorite bedtime book "Brown Bear, Brown bear, What do you see?" My twin boys love this book and thought I would create a simple inexpensive artwork for their room.

Prepare the printed fabric by cutting them down to fit an 8.5x11 size. I also matched the size to the heat bond material and cut both of them to size. Iron the fabric on top of the heat bond and make sure the iron setting is on high.




Clean and trim extra fabric.


I used my Silhouette SD to cut all my silhouettes. You can also download clip arts online and print, trace and cut by hand. If you have a friend that owns a Silhouette...kindly ask if they can help you cut the fabric because this project is so easy and addicting to make.


Arrange the animals on the poster size canvas. I picked 24" x 23" for this project. Iron the animal silhouettes directly onto the canvas. Make sure your iron is clean, you don't want any stain on your artwork. You can also use a sheet of white copy paper to protect the canvas.


I created a banner style shape and prepared them using my Silhouette machine. I stamped the corresponding labels using PSA Essentials Peel & Stick Archive Stamp Set. This is such a perfect font style to use for this project. 


Arrange the stamped banners before adding glue. I like silicone glue. It dries fast and easy to work with. 


Here's my simple and stylish wall art. I can't wait to make more. I think this is a great addiction to any future bedroom/playroom.


10 comments:

grant + brittany said...

this is totally adorable. i love it.

Amanda said...

This is lovely, such a great idea.

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Hi! Visiting from tt&j. I love this project! I love the fabric you used too.. Im going to have to bust out my silhouette now :)

http://www.thegrantlife.com/2012/04/prep-for-spring-my-beauty-routine.html

Unknown said...

That's adorable! Would love to try something like this myself! Thanks for the inspiration!

Claire @ a little something in the meantime . . . said...

This is an adorable project! I haven't really used my Silhouette to cut much fabric but this certainly gives me some ideas :) I think my niece will be getting something like this in the future!

Congrats on the feature!

Claire

Sara said...

This is adorable!! Hope you can link this up at my turquoise lovin' party tomorrow!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! What a great idea!!! and so stylishly done.
Just discovered your blog and love it! Am your newest follower and would be honored if you would like to follow back, but no hard feelings if not :-).
have a wonderful week
love
jutta

Jaime Lyn said...

oh my goodness what a cute cute cute idea!!! Thank you so much for the inspiration and for linking up!!!! I am totally pinning this!
Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

Katie said...

I really love your wall art! The fabric gives it nice texture and I love the look of your handstamped banners. Thank you for linking up to A Crafty Soiree, please join again us this Thursday to see your project featured!

Anonymous said...

Your animal art looks beautiful, love the colours too. I have this linked to my animal art post as well today, nice job!

You might like these stories:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin