Thursday, August 5, 2010

Nicole's Birthday Surprise

I made a beautiful set of handmade note cards with a matching birthday card. I also made nice framed 4x6 card from The Bright Side Project with a sweet message "Stop Smile Breathe Life is Beautiful". I used a nice white vintage frame and a matching pattern paper from Martha Stewart's paper craft collection. I'm thankful I had enough pattern paper to cover all the cards and the matte for the frame.

Downloaded the Poster Card first from The Bright Side Project website and used the pattern paper and trimmed a 5x7 matte to match the color of the card. I printed the card using a 100lb. cover stock. The card size is 4x6 and it's perfect for my matte. Cleaned the vintage white frame and inserted the card. That was easy right? Simple, easy and a FREE gift for a very special friend.

Handmade note cards for Nicole. Carefully hand crafted for a sweet and special friend. I used Hero Arts Four Dolls clear stamp set the Japanese dolls are simply adorable. I also matched the paper with the matte I used previously.

I also used another pattern paper to give the Kimono a cute accent. I also punched flowers and added stick-on pearls. I used Spellbinders™ Nestabilities line Labels Two for layered shapes behind the Japanese doll. I used my Big Shot machine but you can use your Sizzix machine as well.

After assembly I added a little blush on their cute little cheeks using the Pebbles Inc. Pearlescent Chalks. Hope the dolls bring Nicole happiness on her special day.



The cards are done and ready for gift wrapping. I also created her very cute birthday card. I took the regular note card and used the Cuttlebug A2 Embossing Folder - Spots and Dots to give it some texture. I used the same pattern paper and ribbon from the frame. For the center design I used Martha Stewart's light blue card stock paper, punched a circle and punched a bunch of flowers. I used glue dots to arrange the flowers.

I ran out of pearl stickers so I decided to improvise and use this white pearl shirt paint. It works great. It's classic chic. I think I'm ready to greet my friend a very Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

Smoothie Recipes said...

Appreciate the time you took to write this

You might like these stories:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin