Thursday, December 8, 2011

PSA Essentials Designs: Stamped Salt Dough Ornaments (December)

I've been wanting to do this for a while now and I finally had some time to make my very own stamped salted dough ornaments. These are super easy to make and they make a fun gift to anyone on your list.

Salt Dough Recipe:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup water

Blend all ingredients together until a sticky dough is formed. I didn't use my mixer for this project. I did it the old fashioned way and it worked out well too! Roll out and use a fluted cookie cutter and add black ink on your acrylic stamp and add the design on the dough. Use a wooden stick to add holes.

Bake before decorating at 200 degrees for 4-6 hours or you can leave them out overnight. I used PSA Essentials "Treeo" Peel and Stick Stamp Set and used my markers to add some color.
You can use them as ornaments or gift tags. It's such a unique way to decorate your tree or embellish any Christmas present. If you would like to keep your ornaments for years add a thin layer of polyurethane gloss varnish to prevent moisture. This is also a great project you can share with your kids. Lots of creative possibilities. Enjoy!

No comments:

You might like these stories:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin