Friday, April 13, 2012

Family Recipe Book

Here's a special project close to my heart. I love to cook and when I'm not busy with my twin boys you can find me in the kitchen whipping something up for my family. Cooking is calming and relaxing. Between crafting and indulging in anything DIY. Cooking is probably my first love.

I created a Family Recipe book featuring PSA Essentials and Bo Bunny paper.

I used the Bo Bunny Double Dot Vintage paper collection. I pre-cut all the shapes and letters using my Silhouette SD. I chose Wild Berry, Wasabi and Orange Citrus for my cover design.


After preparing the shapes and letters. I brushed the edges of each design element using a brown ink to add a vintage feel to my design. I wrapped aqua twine around the rims of my jars and added mini tags. I also created a book mark attached to the notebook. I braided the twine and attached the tag to the spine.

I stamped the jars and the book mark using PSA Essentials Peel and Stick Country Home stamp set. The paper and the stamps worked so well together.


I also added black rhinestones to add another texture to my book.


I also stamped the interior pages with my initial using PSA Essentials Peel and Stick Archive stamp set. I also stamped the word recipe, provided dotted lines for easy writing and included a vintage spoon. 

 

I also decorate the back of the book with more Bo Bunny paper. I selected Coffee, Pink Punch and Ocean papers for my design. I stamped the label using my custom PSA Essentials Peel & Stick stamp. I added black rhinestones to finish the design.



It's a lovely project and I think this might be a gift. I won't reveal who will be getting it but an Armstrong family member will be getting this lovely recipe book for Mother's Day.


No comments:

You might like these stories:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin