Tuesday, June 19, 2012

2nd Birthday Party Wreath Tutorial

Have you ever used a pool noodle as a decorative wreath? I got the idea from Pinterest and decided to give it a try. 

You can purchase pool noodles at any store. It's so convenient to have plus it's great to keep a bunch of them on hand for future wreath projects! 

Join the ends with silicone glue and use a painters tape to secure. Hold the ends together until the glue dries. The tape helps and it only takes about a minute.


Wrap yarn around the pool noodle wreath. Make sure it's completely covered. I like doing this project when I'm catching up with my recorded TV shoes. Set aside and cut out the number. I used a shipping box. It's thick enough for wrapping yarn around it.


Wrap the coordinating yarn around the number and glue ends.


I'm using a custom made PSA Essential stamp for this project. I designed this beautiful logo for my twins cookies and milk 2nd birthday party. 


I  chose a sepia ink and stamped a bunch of logos on a piece of ivory card stock. I used my sizzix circle die to cut the logo for the mini wreath pennant. Glue circle logo tags on pre-cut banners. Punch holes and thread yarn through.


Attach banner on top of the wreath and add the number two.


I also added a ribbon pinwheel to the design. 



It's all done and ready to great our guests for the cookies and milk festivities.

1 comment:

Antonella said...

Great birthday wreath!! I love how you cut the 2 and wrapped it! I followed your link and am also participating at the Whipperberry - Friday Flair Link Party... check out my post here: http://quilling.blogspot.com/2012/07/fabulous-friday-share-memories-freebies.html
Hugs, Antonella :-)

You might like these stories:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin