Monday, June 18, 2012

Homemade Play Dough Party Favor Tutorial

Again, because of Pinterest I was able to create a inexpensive homemade party favor for the birthday party. We are doing a cookies and milk 2nd birthday party and instead of giving away cookies in a jar. I figured giving away play dough will be best for our little guests .

It's a fun activity you can do with your little ones. I got my twins boys involved in creating this party favor.

1 cup of all purpose flour
1/3 cup salt
2 tsps. cream of tartar
1 tbs. vegetable oil
gel food coloring (I love using gel instead of the liquid form - the colors are vibrant)
1 cup of water

In a non-stick sauce pan add flour, salt, cream of tartar, oil and food coloring. Add water and stir. Keep stirring until mixture is well blended. Put it on medium heat and adjusting to low keep mixing until dough is formed. Remove form heat and massage the dough. Let it cool for a few minutes. Don't worry about the lumps. As you massage the dough to get a smooth consistency. It's better when you work on the dough while it's still warm to the touch. Trust me it's worth kneading the dough for better results.


I also got a silicone mold and shaped the dough into cows. They look so cute all. You can make this project in advance. Store inside a plastic container.

Package inside clear cello bags, seal and place each play dough set inside a craft box. I found this cute kraft box at Target.  


Now, let's dress up the kraft box. I am using my custom designed PSA Essentials birthday stamp. I stamped a bunch on a ivory card stock and used my circle punch to cut out all the tags.



I also created ribbon pinwheels using a craft wrapping paper and glued the stamped tag on top. Set aside for assembly.



 Wrap yarn around the craft box. I used silicone glue to secure the ends of the yarn. Glue ribbon pinwheel tag in the middle and hold tag down for a 2 seconds.


Here's the dressed up kraft box with the homemade play dough. All done and ready for the party.


No comments:

You might like these stories:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin