Tuesday, October 4, 2011

PSA Essentials Design: Decorating for Home (Halloween Theme)

I am in love with Pinterest. Sometimes, I just sit in front of the computer after a hectic day with my boys and I pin all the projects I would like to do. I actually recycled a wreath I created for my sons 1st birthday party. I thought the color fits well with my October assignment.
If you're starting from scratch use a foam wreath and wrap the yarn around it. Since, I am using a wrapped wreath with the orange yarn. I decided to add black stripes around it. I suggest using the orange as your base color first...then layer it with your coordinating yarn.

I used my Silhouette SD to cut out some shapes for the banner, decorative and circle tags. I used the PSA Romance Peel and Stick stamp set for the letters. I also used a decorative tape on top of the banner. Punch each corner and thread the natural twine through the holes. Attach to your wreath and glue ends.
I used the Skelanimals Thomas & Friends Peel and Stick stamp set for the spider accent. I used my pre-cut scallop tags and stamped the spider right in the middle. Then I also trimmed a 1" strip of Halloween theme pattern paper and used my Scor-Pal to add the crease for my star-burst layer. Glue ends of the strip and attach scalloped piece right on top. 
I also created another banner for my mantel. Follow the same steps for creating the banner and use the same natural twine for hanging. To recreate the same look. Use your existing picture frames. Print your Halloween silhouettes and replace your pictures with it. It's a great way of re-purposing things you already have. I picked up a few pumpkins at Michael's and the rest were old decorations from I kept in storage.

No comments:

You might like these stories:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin