Friday, July 27, 2012

40th Birthday Party Wreath Tutorial

Here's another pool noodle party wreath. I created a simple design for my husband's 40th birthday.

First, secure ends and seal with duct tape. Based on my previous pool noodle tutorial duct tape works much better and it's way faster than glue and painter's tape. Both ways of securing the seams are great but I think I'm going for the duct tap route for future pool noodle wreath projects.

I collected an old red t-shirt from my husband's closet and cut 3" strips to cover the pool noodle.
After covering the pool noodle wreath. I staped the PSA Essentials signature custom design birthday stamp I created. Punched the tags with my sizzix die and set-aside for assembly.
I created ribbon pinwheels using a red and white stripes craft paper. I also used my Silhouette SD to cut the star burst tag to add another dimension to my design.
Glue the stamped circle tag in the center of the star burst and glue onto the ribbon pinwheel.
 
I also added maple leaves to tie in to the whole birthday theme. This project is so simple and ready to greet all of our family and friends.





No comments:

You might like these stories:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin