Thursday, September 13, 2012

DIY Ribbon Pinwheel Halloween Wreath

It's Halloween time and I just needed a fresh new wreath for my front door. I started by creating tons of ribbon pinwheels. They are easy to make but tedious if you are making a ton of them for a big project.
I selected four coordinating patterned paper, trimmed them in different sizes, folded them carefully and secured the edges with glue and topped them with buttons and some with a decorative stamped scalloped tags. I used PSA Essentials Skelanimals Bill & Friends peel and stick stamp pack.
 Here they are ready for assembly.


 I used a pool noodle base for the wreath and covered it with black yarn.
 I arranged the first layer of pinwheels on to the wreath before gluing them down.
 Then added the second layer and glued them down to secure their placements.
Added the two additional layers and added some spider webs around the wreath.
 It's simple and very cute and ready to greet our little friends for Halloween.



No comments:

You might like these stories:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin