Friday, November 9, 2012

Advent Calendar

It's been really cold here in Raleigh and this nice crisp air motivates me to work and get ahead of the game. I decided it's time to work on my Christmas projects. Pinterest really helped me brainstorm lately and I admit I have been looking around for ideas. I just love trying new things and adding my own spin. I created my very own advent calendar. It will our new Christmas tradition in our household.

I used 25 miniature buckets. Spray painted them in red. I picked the gloss to make them red pop like red lipstick. I just love this color. Air dry for 24 hours and set aside.
Using my Silhouette SD I prepared 25 decorative labels and stamped the numbers using PSA Essentials Peel & Stick Stamp Archive stamp set.
 
 Glue the stamped labels on the painted buckets.
 
I used a 1/2 x 2 x 2 Birch Plywood and glued the decorated buckets. 
I can't wait to put this project in good use. I think my twin boys will enjoy this new tradition in our household.

Visit http://psastampcamp.blogspot.com/ for more ideas.

12 comments:

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Love this idea and your buckets looks super!

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

Very cute!

Mae Armstrong said...

Thank you ladies! I just love the shiny red paint. Makes me happy!

The Remodeled Life said...

So first I got really excited when I read this bc I'm in the Raleigh area too! I loved the cool weather last week, I think I'm just ready for Christmas:) but I am not digging this warm weekend. I love your advent calendar! Your buckets are awesome! I pinned it!!

Mae Armstrong said...

Nice. Hello neighbor. I'm ready for Christmas and the weather definitely helped boost my inspiration. Thank you for pinning! :)

Megan Gunyan said...

Very cute! We need a great advent calendar like this one. Thanks for sharing!

Schulz Family said...

Visiting from handmade tuesday. I love it. Love the red buckets. awesome idea

Chrissy said...

What a cute and fun idea!! I am a new follower after finding you through a linky party. I hope that you will stop by my site if you get a chance. http://www.thetaylor-house.com

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

Featuring YOU today! You did such a great job on this! Thanks for linking up to {wow me} wednesday.

Ginger

http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2012/11/take-look-at-you-my-favorites_29.html

Sara said...

THIS is absolutely ADORABLE!! LOVE every single detail! Would LOVE to have you link up at my trendy tuesday party!!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com

Mae Armstrong said...

Ginger - totally didn't see the feature. Thank you sooo much for picking my project! Really appreciate it!

Mae Armstrong said...

Chrissy and Sara - forgot to tell you that I linked up my project. Thank you again!

You might like these stories:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin