Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Tradition

As a family tradition for New Year's we always cook noodles. It brings longevity and good luck. It's great time to get together with family and friends.

New Year's Tradition_Noodles
We normally do stir fry noodles called Pancit. My boys love this dish. To celebrate I will be giving my twin boys their very own chopsticks. I got training chopsticks at Target. I got lucky and thought that was a perfect sign for a quick project.

New Year's Tradition_22
I created a simple chopstick holder. I picked a red card stock and cut it lengthwise, score and fold in half. For the length I just wanted to cover the bottom half of the sticks. I selected two coordinating paper patterns and stamped a circle tag with "Luck" using PSA Essentials Asian Influence peel and stick stamp set. I mounted the circle tag on top of the starburst cut-out.

New Year's Tradition
Secure rectangle patterned paper on the chopstick holder and glue the sentiment on top. Wrap with gold stretchy string for a festive touch.

My New Year's present is done and I can't wait to teach my kids how to use their first chopsticks.
Visit http://psastampcamp.blogspot.com/ for more ideas. 

No comments:

You might like these stories:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin