Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Learning Numbers - Peg Board Tutorial

My boys and I are addicted to Team Umizoomi and this project really inspired me of a creative way to work on our number skills.



I started with a 2"x4" wood scrap. I actually got this from a neighbor and thought this would be perfect for my project.
Learning Numbers April project
Plan your number spacing before stamping. If you want to be absolutely sure you can measure the space in between and mark them with a pencil. I just eye balled mine. It's not perfect but you can't really tell right. I was just too excited to get this one done so we can put it in good use.
Learning Numbers April project 2
After stamping mark the holes for the pegs and drill the appropriate number of holes. After drilling use a sanding block and smooth out the surface of the wood.
Learning Numbers April project 3
Use a fine sanding paper.
Learning Numbers April project 4
Feel the surface to make sure there are no rough spots. Then use a Crystal Clear Acrylic spray to seal to protect the wood and also the stamped surface.
Learning Numbers April project 5
I picked up a package of wooden golf tees at Walmart. Found some natural tees that match my peg board perfectly. The tees came with this awesome bag - it was a great deal all in all.
Learning Numbers April project 6
Here's my son concentrating on placing the right number of pegs.
Learning Numbers April project 7
I just love this project. Hope you enjoy it too!
Learning Numbers April project 8
Visit http://psastampcamp.blogspot.com/ for more ideas.
Learning Numbers Potrait

No comments:

You might like these stories:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin